Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cuill takes on Google

Former Google employees are creating Cuil to take on the search engine giant. This is an exciting time for the internet as new technology is being created. Cuill does not use Pagerank, but instead of links it looks at content, and uses that to decide with page is most relevant.

I went on cuil and found a lot of spam and old sites that have not been updated in a while. It is good to find content that is buried deep in the internet, but many of the pages it digs up contain outdated sources.

1 comments:

Chris Telfer, Digital Marketing Professional said...

I've written about this new search engine on my own SEO blog. I must admit that I was not amazingly impressed - results displayed in multiple columns, the annoying explore by category function (which could be good, with a bit more development) and the images which it displays next to the each sites results. How is it deciding which of these to display? On some of the searches I did button and banner images from the websites template we're being show. I'm not too sure about it at this point, but hey they did only launch in July. If you want to check out my post on Cuil, you can find it here;
Cuil: A New Search Engine is Born