Monday, April 30, 2007

Digital drives ecommerce

I remember when I got a digital camera in the 90's it was a Sony that took a 3 1/2 diskette for storage. The reason was Ebay. Before buying the digital camera I was taking analog photos with my film camera walking to a one hour photo lab nearby, then they were developing them giving me prints. Then scanning the prints using my hand scanner (remember those?) and fixing the scan. It was an expensive labor intensive process.

It was much faster and easier to take photographs using a digicam and pop the diskette into my computer and upload them to Ebay. Also pictures for my web pages became much easier.

The future cameras will become smaller, faster, cheaper, etc. I paid over $500 for a camera that gave me less than one megapixel. Now I bought on Ebay a camera that was 3.1MP for $50 and you do not need more resolution than that for Ebay.

Now some cameras come with WiFi already so you do not need to connect them to your computer to upload the pictures. The future of cameras is here.

0 comments: